World Day for Safety and Health at Work is an annual event that takes place on April 28th. This day is dedicated to bringing awareness to the importance of workplace health and safety. As trade workers around the globe, it is crucial to recognize the significance of this day and take necessary steps to protect ourselves from occupational hazards. In this article, we will discuss why we celebrate this event as a safety footwear brand and introduce a few major on-the-job injuries at the workplace. We will also elaborate on the importance of wearing proper work shoes and how to choose the right shoes based on the various safety requirements of the trade jobs. Lastly, we will introduce LARNMERN safety shoes and how they help trade workers in terms of their lightweight, comfortable, stylish, and stellar foot-protection features.
Why we celebrate World Day for Safety and Health at Work as a safety footwear brand:
As a safety footwear brand, we celebrate this event to encourage people to recognize the importance of foot safety at work. Many on-the-job injuries occur due to the lack of proper foot protection. It is essential to wear shoes that provide adequate support and protection to prevent any injuries that may occur while working. Our goal is to provide workers with a range of safety shoes that meet the needs of various trades and job requirements.
Major On-The-Job Injuries at the workplace:
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 2.8 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses reported by private industry employers in 2018. Some of the most common on-the-job injuries include slips, trips, and falls, cuts and lacerations, punctures, and sprains and strains. These injuries can occur in any trade, and it is crucial to take necessary precautions to prevent them.
Protecting Ourselves from Occupational Hazards:
The first step to protecting ourselves from occupational hazards is to wear proper work shoes. It is essential to choose shoes that meet the safety standards of the job requirements. Some of the major safety footwear standards on the market include ASTM F2413-18, EN ISO 20345:2011, and AS/NZS 2210.3:2019. These standards ensure that the shoes meet the necessary safety requirements, such as slip resistance, impact resistance, and electrical hazard protection
Choosing the Right Work Shoes:
Choosing the right safety shoes for different trade jobs is crucial to ensure proper foot protection and safety. Here are some factors to consider when choosing safety shoes for various trades:
- Slip Resistance: Jobs that involve working on slippery surfaces, such as kitchens or construction sites, require shoes with excellent slip resistance. Look for shoes with a high SRC slip resistance level.
- Toe Protection: Jobs that involve heavy machinery or objects require shoes with a steel or composite toe cap to protect the toes from impact or compression.
- Electrical Hazard Protection: Jobs that involve working with electricity require shoes with electrical hazard protection. Look for shoes with a non-conductive sole and heel.
- Puncture Resistance: Jobs that involve working with sharp objects or on uneven surfaces require shoes with puncture-resistant midsoles.
- Chemical Resistance: Jobs that involve working with chemicals require shoes with chemical-resistant soles and uppers.
- Comfort: Jobs that involve prolonged standing or walking require shoes with adequate cushioning and support to prevent foot fatigue and discomfort.
- Durability: Jobs that involve heavy use and wear require shoes made from durable materials, such as leather or synthetic materials.
- Fit: Shoes must fit correctly and comfortably to provide proper support and protection. Always try on shoes before purchasing and ensure they fit well.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right safety shoes for different trade jobs and ensure proper foot protection and safety.
LARNMERN Safety Shoes:
LARNMERN safety shoes are designed to meet the safety requirements of various trades and job requirements. They are lightweight, comfortable, stylish, and provide foot protection. Here are some of our top picks:
This pair features a superior SRC slip resistance level, and the air-cushioned outsole makes it ultra-comfortable to wear. It is a perfect choice for anyone who suffers from prolonged standing during the long shift work.
This pair is equipped with a widened steel toe cap and Kevlar bulletproof material midsole, which has exceeded the ASTM F2413-18 standards for impact and compression. It looks like fashion sneakers but serves as lightweight safety shoes, making it the best choice for anyone who gets tired of boring work boots.
For tradeswomen, we recommend this pair of toe protection speed trainers. The elastic ankle collar makes it easy to slip in and out, and the one-piece breathable fabric saves weight without compromising comfort. It is also made from vegan materials to reduce any unwanted impact on the planet.
In conclusion, World Day for Safety and Health at Work is an essential event that highlights the importance of workplace health and safety. It is crucial to wear proper work shoes to protect ourselves from occupational hazards. LARNMERN safety shoes provide workers with a range of options that meet the needs of various trades and job requirements. By choosing the right shoes, we can prevent on-the-job injuries and ensure a safe and healthy work environment.